Kerala PSC – Solved Paper – Librarian Grade IV (State Central Library) Exam held on 12 Apr 2016, Paper Code – A
1. A book printed before 1501 is known as:
2. Delhi Library Association is the publisher of:
Ans: Indian Press Index
3. Documentation Research and Training Centre is located at:
4. In which year the Kerala Grandasala Sangham was formed?
5. International Institute of Bibliography (IIB) was the initial name of:
6. Library of Congress was founded in the year:
7. NASSDOC is developed by:
8. NISCAIR is the publisher of:
Ans: Indian Science Abstract
9. Peter Lazer developed:
10. SENDOC is located at:
11. The chairman of the Library committee appointed by UGC in 1957 was:
12. The Five Laws of Library Science of S.R.Ranganathan was first published in:
13. ‘Best reading for the largest number at the least cost’ is the book selection principle suggested by:
14. Bottom card and Top card is used in:
15. Conscience box is used in libraries for collecting:
Ans: Overdue fine
16. GOC stands for:
Ans: Good Offices Committee
17. The Raja Rammohan Roy Library Foundation is located at:
18. Universal Availability of Publications is a programme of:
19. UNESCO Public library manifesto was first published in:
20. Which state enacted public library legislation in India first?
21. World Library and Information Congress is regularly organised by:
22. A government grant of exclusive priviledge on a new invention for a term of years is called:
23. In which year Trivandrum Public Library (presently the Kerala State Central Library) was established?
24. Job evaluation is the process of:
Ans: Fix the salary of a job
25. Method of Details is a method used in libraries for:
Ans: Financial estimation
26. Morocco leather is made from:
27. PPBS stands for:
Ans: Planning Programming Budgeting System
28. The acronym POSDCORB is devised by:
29. The serial number against which the details of the book are recorded in the official register of the library is called:
Ans: Accession Number
30. Three Card System is used for:
Ans: Registration of periodicals
31. Periodical published in every three months is called:
32. ARIST stands for:
Ans: Annual Review of Information Science and Technology
33. Asian Recorder is a :
Ans: News Digest
34. CAS stands for:
Ans: Current Awareness Service
35. UNISIST is a programme sponsored by IFLA and:
36. Glossary of library terms is published by:
Ans: America Library Association
37. Guide of Literature is treated as a:
Ans: Tertiary source
38. Indicative abstract is:
Ans: An outline of a document
39. A website where entries are written in chronological order is called:
40. CDS/ISIS is a software developed by:
41. ENIAC is known as:
Ans: First Generation computer
42. Journal of Documentation is published from:
43. Index India is published by:
Ans: Rajasthan Library Association
44. The concept of Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI) service was coined by:
45. The term of a patent granted in India is:
Ans: 20 years
46. Union Catalogue of Scientific Serials in India is compiled by:
47. Which one is a geographical source?
48. Who released the first issue of the Indian National Bibliography (1957)?
Ans: Jawaharlal Nehru
49. World of Learning is a/an:
50. The Cumulative Book Index is published by:
Ans: Wilson Book Publishing Co.
51. ERNET is implemented by:
Ans: Department of Electronics, Government of India
52. Library and Information Science Abstract (LISA) is publisehd by:
Ans: The Library Association, London
53. International Serial Data System (ISDS) is an information centre developed by:
54. LibQual is a tool for measuring library service quality developed by:
Ans: Association of Research Libraries
55. LIS Forum is an email discussion forum run by:
Ans: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
56. Ulrich’s International Periodical Directory is published by:
57. A ‘Classification and Subject Index for Cataloguing and arrnging the books and pamphlet of a library’ was the title of the first edition of:
Ans: Dewey Decimal Classification
58. An ordinal number which fixes the position of a document relative to the other documents having the same class is called:
Ans: Book Number
59. Biochemistry is an example of the mode of formation of subjects:
60. In UDC, equal to (=) sign is used to add:
Ans: Common auxiliary of language
61. Thrishna is a CDS/ISIS based software developed by:
62. Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) is an example of:
Ans: Almost faceted scheme
63. Which one of the folowing is an open source library software?
64. Broad System of Ordering is a classification system or switching language developed by:
65. DDC is presently published by:
Ans: Forest Press
66. Dictionary Catalogue Cose (1945) is devised by :
67. The Bibliographic Classification (bc) is devised by:
68. The connecting symbol used to add a second level Time isolate number (T2) with first level Time isolate (T1) number in Colon Classification:
69. In FID/CCC, CCC stands for:
Ans: Central Classification Committee
70. In which indexing system Roleoperator is used:
71.In ISBD (ER), ER stands for:
Ans: Electronic Resource
72. Dublin Core is related to:
Ans: Greenstone software
73. The standard size of a catalogue card is:
Ans: 7.5*12.5 cm
74. The first Thesarus published in the world is:
Ans: Roget’s Thesaurus
75. Which edition of Colon Classification is considered as a freely faceted classification scheme?
Ans: Seventh edition
76. The ISSN national centre in India is:
Ans: National Science Library, Chennai
77. The latest ISBN number contains:
Ans: 13 digits
78. The Remington Company of India introduced:
79. The terms AND,OR ,NOT used in advanced information search and retrieval are known as:
Ans: Boolean operators
80. Science Direct is a database owned by:
Ans: Elsevier Publishers
81. Which river is known as Nile of Kerala?
82. Who established Atmavidya Sangham?
83. Who won the MV Pylee Award 2016?
Ans: Janey James
84. In which year the Ninth Schedule was added to the Indian Constitution?
85. Identify the field to which Mr. Anil Ganguly is related?
86. Which of the following was the centre of Salt Satyagraha in Kerala during the civil Disobedience Movement?
87. Which of the follwoing Fundamental Rights has been deleted by 44th amendment bill?
Ans: Right to Property
88. Who wasthe first Harijan member of Srimoolam Prajasabha?
89. English is the official language of which of the following state?
90. Identify the part of the Indian Constitution which reflects the mind and ideals of the framers:
91. In which state the Flamingo Festival 2016 is organised?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh
92. He was born in 1852. His real name was Karattu Govinda Menon. He founded the Anandmatham. Who is he?
Ans: Brahmananda Sivayogi
93. Our Prime Minister announced ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojna’ on 22 January 2015 at:
94. Who is the author of the book’The Country of First Boys’?
Ans: Amartya Sen
95. Sarkaria Commission was closely related to whichof the following area?
Ans: Central State relations
96. Who founded Valasamudaya Parishkarani Sabha?
Ans: Pandit Karuppan
97. Who won the Sree Chithira Tirunal National Award 2015?
98. From which country India borrowed the scheme of Indian Federation?
99. International Day of the Girl Child is on:
Ans: October 11
100. Whose autobiography is ‘Ente Nadukadathal’?
Ans: Swadeshabhimani Ramakrishna Pillai